Monday, August 20, 2018

Cheers to Cuba Cuba

If you've sought out this post specifically, let me say first of all: Thank you for helping me with this project! I couldn't appreciate your aid more; you're helping me to do incredible work.
If you're confused, here's the scoop: I worked at Cuba Cuba this summer, and they kindly offered to hold a fundraiser for me on Tuesday, August 21 of 2018. This is absolutely incredible of them! Since it's a bit of an unconventional event, I want to make sure that anyone who is curious or concerned can find out exactly where their donation is going.
Research is expensive. There's airfare, equipment costs, lodging, transportation, and a whole host of other items that need addressing. I am mainly supported by the Wyoming Research Scholars Program, a competitive grant that helps undergraduate students establish their own name in various fields of research. While I am very grateful to the WRSP, no one grant can cover everything! This is where your help from the fundraiser comes in.
As of right now, I do not know exactly where your funds will be going within my project. However, I can narrow it down quite a bit: These funds will most likely go towards airfare to Alaska, where I will be presenting my research at the annual American Ornithological Society conference, or towards field equipment, such as muck boots and waterproofing for cameras and audio equipment. I will be updating this site once I know exactly where those funds are going, and keeping good records of those.
The main reason I created this site was to publicly specify where your donation has gone. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email me at the address below. Thanks again to Cuba Cuba for their support, and thank you, reader, for your help!

Cheers,
Josephine



Helpful links:
Cuba Cuba website http://www.cubacubasandwicheria.com/
Wyoming Research Scholars Program http://www.uwyo.edu/wrsp/
American Ornithological Society http://www.uwyo.edu/wrsp/
AOS Conference http://www.americanornithology.org/upcoming-meetings

No comments:

Post a Comment